A significant woman lives a life of significance by choosing to live connected with God and His personal mission for her life.
This Journey of Significance session enables you to present an overview of The Significant Woman Course. Following are some tips for facilitating a strong opening session for your Life-Coaching Group as well as set a pattern for sessions that follow.
Remember, you don’t have to be a perfect facilitator!
- Look for ways to show your women that you are on the journey with them. In this opening session and the following sessions, add your personal stories and experiences of how you are integrating the six PEARLS principles into your life.
- The PEARLS biblical principles build on one another. Therefore, you will want to strongly encourage your women to be present for each session so they won’t miss any part of the course.
- Clarify that if anyone must miss a session, she will need to interact with her Peer Coach to find out what she missed and also what activities and tools she needs to complete for the next session.
- To help build community and encouragement, consider setting up an e-mail group for easy communication with one another outside the session time.
- When very critical needs are shared during your group sessions, pause for prayer. Then as soon as it is appropriate move quickly back to the material. Encourage group participants to also pray for the expressed needs on their own.
- As the facilitator of your group, it is your responsibility to keep the dialogue focused and on track. Refer to the time allotment indicated in your facilitator notes.
- When participants are working on the Life-Coaching Tools, Integration Activity Materials, or other activities stay engaged. Remain available to provide help or answer any questions they may have.